top of page

Frequently Asked Questions

How can I get a copy of a police report?

To obtain a copy of a police report, you will have to contact the Township at 724-662-3310 between the hours of 8:00 am and 1:00 pm Monday-Friday. State the reason for the request with an incident number. The Police Chief is the only one to authorize a copy of the police report to be released. A fee may be applied. You may also stop in person to make a request.

Where is the station located?

7407 Lamor Road Mercer, PA 16137.

How can I report a crime?

The fastest way to report a crime, is to dial 911. To report a non-emergency call, contact the Mercer County Dispatch at 724-662-6110, contacting the Police Department direct, an officer is not always on station, however if you do so leave your name, number, and reason for the call.

How to obtain a Protection from Abuse Order

To obtain a protection from abuse order, you can file with the Prothonotary  Office located at the Mercer County Courthouse. For emergency orders, report in person to your local Magistrates Office. For after hours emergency orders, contact your local police department to file a report, to which a on duty Magistrate can issue an emergency order.

How do I contest a Traffic Citation

You have ten days from the receipt of the traffic citation to plead not guilty. On the back of the traffic citation you received, there are directions on how to plead not guilty. You will need to mail in your signed plea, along with the collateral indicated on the traffic citation, to Magisterial District Justice 35-3-01 at the following address or you can appear before the Magisterial District Justice to enter your plea:
123 West Market Street Mercer, PA 16137.

Magisterial District Judge Davis 35-3-01 (Click)

How do I obtain a PA Concealed Weapons Permit

An application will need to be filed at the Mercer County Sheriffs Office who issues these Permits located at 205 South Erie Street Mercer, PA 16137 (Phone# 724-662-6135). Visit the Form Download Page for the application to be submitted to the Mercer County Sheriff's Office.

Mercer County Sheriffs Office (Click)

Does the Jefferson Township Police Department offer vacation checks

This is a service we can provide. If you are going on vacation, or going away for an extending period of time, contact us at 724-662-3310 to provide a record of emergency information, in the event a problem should occur at your residence.

I just observed something that looked suspicious, possibly a crime. I'm not sure if I should call the police. What should I do?

The Jefferson Township Police Department encourages you to report any activity you observe that may seem suspicious or strange. Often, many crimes go unreported to the police because witnesses are reluctant to call, either because they feel it isn’t important, or because they think they are wasting the police department’s time and it won’t be taken seriously anyway. We would like to assure you that no call received will be brushed aside or not given the attention that it deserves. Concerned and observant citizens provide us with some of our most useful information for solving cases. Your vigilance allows us to do our jobs more effectively, and with greater success. Calling the police immediately will allow officers to respond to an area quickly, giving them the opportunity to possibly stop a crime in progress and/or catch those who are responsible for committing it before they have left the area.

How do I obtain a Disability Plate/Placard

You will have to file with the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (Click)

Do I need a Solicitation Permit while conducting business house to house for sales

Yes, you will need to fill out a soliciting permit and to be filed at the Jefferson Township Municipal Building located at 7407 Lamor Road Mercer, PA 16137.

bottom of page